6 Week Beginner Course
NEW TO YOGA
This is a foundation course. A great introduction to the basic principles of Iyengar yoga. The asana’s taught in the class are basic standing, sitting, twists and restorative poses.
This class is suitable if you have no previous experience in yoga, or you would like to get back into yoga if you haven’t been to class in a while. The asanas taught in the class are basic standing, sitting, twists and restorative asanas to develop flexibility, strength, stamina and reduce stress.
- Arrive 10 minutes early if it’s your first time to a class so you can fill out a registration form.
- If you prefer your own mat feel free to bring it – the space provides all equipment.
- It is suggested not to eat 2-3 hours before class.
- Wear comfortable clothing yoga tights or shorts and T- shirt.
- Please make sure your mobile phone is switched off.
- Take your shoes off at the door before walking into the Yoga Space.
- Physical Problems, Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
It is important to let your teacher know before class if you have any significant health problems, or you are menstruating so that alternative poses can be given. It is not recommended that you begin a yoga practice when pregnant. Women without an established yoga practice will not be taken on as new student. Students must check if the teacher is qualified to teach a pregnant woman.
If you are a committed and regular practitioner of Iyengar yoga and have at least 1 year of experience, you are welcome to come to this class. You will learn the basics of inversions such as, Sirsasana (headstand), back bends and Pranayama. To improve your practice we suggest you come twice a week.